Monday, January 12, 2009

Val Gardena First Top 10


Well I came into Val Gardena, Italy a couple of weeks ago not sure if I was going to even race, but when I left I had the best 2 races of my career. The first race of the World Cup Series in Val Gardena was the SG and I was lucky enough to get a start. I started in the 40’s and I came down into 20th place marking my best result to date in a world cup ski race. The fallowing day I was also given a starting position by the coaching staff. I started in the very back at bib 52nd. I had a very great run and was able to top my best result the day before with a 7th place, my first top 10 of my career. It was a lot of fun and it was really special to make history with the other guys by having 5 American’s in the top 10. Bode 2nd, Marco 4th, Fisher 7th, Nyman 9th, Lanning 10th!


Fish

1 comment:

Jake said...

Hey Erik, I got to watch the Val Gardena race online. Very nice!

Hope you had a good Christmas and New Years, good luck in Switzerland. Say Hi to the rest of your family for me! - Jake